Wednesday 6 January 2016

Ove and Osen... yarnalong!

Hello,


Joining in with Ginny's yarnalong.  


Making slow progress with my Osen Christmas stocking
I think this is mostly due to my need to up my exercise and shift a few stubborn pounds, so when I have a few moments,
or half an hour, I take myself out for a short/slightly longer run/walk. I can't even blame Christmas for the extra weight 
I'm carrying because I did make use of the extra available time 
over the festive period to get out and exercise and as I was also very constrained with my Christmas nibbling, I didn't 
add any weight to the scales over Christmas - yippee!

At our book club we are reading 'A Man called Ove'. I really wasn't impressed with our choice of book and nearly didn't bother downloading it, but when I realised the kindle version was 
only 99p I thought I would give it a go and I have been pleasantly surprised by it. I'm not saying it is one of my top 10 favourite 
reads, or that it even makes my top 50, but it is amusing 
and surprising in parts.
 (I won't say more in case you decide to read it). 

Thank you for all your kind comments on my last post - no imminent changes as daughter still has 18 months left at 
school, but no harm in planning ahead. 

And finally, daughter passed her driving theory test, just needs to get practising her practical skills a bit more!

Best wishes
xXx

10 comments:

  1. I haven't got on the scales yet, but I think I already know that I have added a few pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to your daughter! Enjoy your knitting and walking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the Christmas excess. Good for you for keeping it in check and I'm sure with your extra activity you'll sort out the rest in no time. Enjoy the knitting when you find a few spare minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your DD!
    I forgot to say how much I liked your knitted projects.
    The grey hat is beautiful and they are very hip these days!
    Happy new Year to you and yours!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your knitting and the book information.

    I have a question about the photo in your banner, though. Where was it taken? It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ranee, the photo was taken in Iceland, a beautiful country!
      Best wishes

      Delete
  6. I also have some stubborn pounds, I've upped the daily steps and hoping it will start to pay off soon! Happy New Year - looking forward to seeing more of the stocking :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book grew on me as I read it and I ended up just loving it and crying at the end. I would love to hear what you think when you finish it.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had A Man called Ove on my TBR pile for a while now. The pile just keeps growing and growing, there are so many good books out there. I'll look forward to hearing how you like it.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I run a book club so I will be checking out the book, the knitting looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for dropping in on my blog. I hope you found something of interest and I would love to read your comments.
Caz xx