Wednesday 6 April 2016

Yarn along... stripy socks and Atonement

Hello

Here I am joining in with Ginny's Wednesday yarn along


I recently finished a pair of socks for me 
(I hope this link to the photo on my instagram account works!) 
Younger son seemed particularly taken with them and asked for a pair of very bright 
hand knitted socks. And of course if someone actually asks us to knit something for them, 
we get very excited, and so I rushed off to scour the internet for suitable wool and came
up with the above. Yes, son approved, wool was ordered, arrived 2 days later
and off we went, socks cast on - weeeee........ 

But I am having to knit a larger size than normal and making a few other adjustments. 
I tried them on his feet yesterday and he was wiggling and giggling like
 a toddler - he's nearly 20!! But I am enjoying knitting these - those bright colours
 can hardly fail to lift the spirits can they?

As for my book, well I have read a couple of Ian McEwan's books and really
 enjoyed them. We are reading his 'Atonement' for our book club. Sadly, I haven't read 
far into the book yet as my mind has been distracted by family events, you know those
 sort of 'children-related' events that occur every so often and that stress the heck out of
 you. Anyway, given time, as with all of life's little ups and downs I'm sure our 
present bumps will soon be smoothed...

I hope you are enjoying your current read!
xXx

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous socks. Stripy yarn is a brilliant thing isn't it. I hope you manage to get into your book soon and that the stressful things settle down and pass. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic socks.I smiled at your description of your 20 year old..it is lovely when our adult children show their chilhood traits.
    Hope you get to read your book soon,I enjoyed Atonement and I know what you mean about those occasional child related events..stressful at the time for sure,hope things are calmer now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Caz,

    That son of yours is a lucky guy, great socks!
    Happy reading!!!

    Dutch greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving those socks! Wish I could knit, altho' not enough to make me swap my hook! Oddly I have just returned to the second sock, first one has been waiting for a friend since about October! Everyone is doing the sock thing. Good luck too, with those children things. (I get that 100%!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those socks and love the fun your son is getting from them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous socks!!! I am sure that your son will love wearing them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours of your socks, instant feeling of cosiness derived from those shades. Your son's ones will be very zingy indeed!
    Hope things settle down soon.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope life settles down soon, great socks X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome socks! It's always nice when you know a knitted gift will be appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Socks! They are everywhere at the moment, and I have yet to make any! Keep on buying sock yarn though lol
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. how did i miss your yarnalong post last week?? talk about life getting in the way. LOVE those socks....and really love that a near 20 yo requested them!!! My 43 yo now only wants sleep socks....but he's pretty darn loyal to them and requests new ones every year at Christmas!!! (we trained 'em good, didn't we?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, if a family member actually requests a crocheted garment, I will drop everything and try my very best to accommodate their demands! Great socks, and lovely to think that 20 year old sons still want us mums to make them something. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not read Atonement but I did see the film. If you want to cheat ;-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those socks are gorgeous! Hope all stress has passed and you are enjoying the book, I've read other Ian McEwan books that I really enjoyed but haven't tried that one x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent socks! I love the stripes and agree it's very pleasing to be asked by a family member to make something for them. I hope the bumps smooth themselves out soon :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and i have tried have him back but i could not, so i try to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your Ex back and there i saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tie down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and i contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also reunite your lovers feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and some other things. I can assure he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for dropping in on my blog. I hope you found something of interest and I would love to read your comments.
Caz xx