Sunday 28 June 2015

Tuc xx

Today we had to say goodbye to our, oh so cute, Tuc, affectionately known as Mr T! 

He came to us as a rescue guinea pig with his brother Dorito almost 5 years ago.  


 Sadly Dorito died about 3.5 years ago.


We took Tuc to the RSPCA twice to try to find him a friend but he just wasn't interested.  


The RSPCA suggested he was happier on his own. 


So he lived in his cage in the kitchen, 


keeping us company when we were in there, 


and squeaking loudly when he could hear us chopping carrots, 


having regular baths to keep his very long fur clean (and frequently chopped too!)


He was a BIG guinea pig and after a day outside on the lawn he would come 
back to his cage exhausted and ready for a rest!

We used to let him run free on the patio when we were outside, chewing the weeds. 


Tuc and Dorito were not very friendly when we first brought them home, 
I'm not sure how much TLC they had been given as young guinea pigs. 


Dorito never really settled in but Tuc changed so much, he loved his cuddles while sat on our laps. He was such a placid guinea pig with a huge personality. And gave huge squeaks when he could smell that we had brought back a handful of dandelion leaves or groundsel. 



Thank you Tuc for giving us so much pleasure in the last 5 years. 



Back now with Dorito. Sleep tight Mr T! 

xXx

17 comments:

  1. Dear little Tuc, I'm so sorry, he sounds absolutely adorable, and he's so cute, you've taken some really lovely photos of him. He was clearly very well loved and beautifully looked after. I know how much you will be missing him, I still think about Mrs Armitage regularly, especially when I have the end of a cucumber or some carrot leaves going spare. Piggies are such wonderful characters aren't they. I'm sending you a cyber hug from a fellow guinea pig person. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest In Peace Tuc. Always so sad when a much loved pet dies. What a lovely life he had with you, beautifully looked after and loved X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, dearest Mr T, you will be missed. Thank you for loving this wonderful family. You sound like a brilliant guinea pig. Rest in peace my friend and know that you were a very lucky little boy.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about Mr T, he sounds as though he was a wonderful pet. Hugs to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww he sounds like a wonderful pig, full of character. Sorry to hear of your loss x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely tribute to a much loved friend. He'll be busy catching up with Dorito now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely tribute to a much loved friend. He'll be busy catching up with Dorito now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh poor little Tuc, I am very sorry to hear of your loss, Caz, what a lovely piggie he was xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaah bless him little soul, he looks adorable. So sorry he has gone xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry that you've had to say goodbye to Tuc. It's never easy losing a beloved pet. Our pet hamster died early in the year. We've only had him for a month but we were devastated. You've had Tuc for five years, it must be so hard losing him. Hugs to you all. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for your loss, he looks quite adorable.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sorry, he was obviously part of the family x

    ReplyDelete
  13. He sounds like he was a wonderful little guy with a great personality. I'm so sorry for your loss. We've had guinea pigs in the past. They are sweet little pets. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I'm glad I was able to find your blog. I look forward to reading future posts!! : )

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about Tuc. He looked cute and adorable. My boys had 2 guinea pigs and now we no longer keep any. Pets become like family members and we miss them when they die and leave us. Thank you for your visit and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry about Tuc. He looked cute and adorable. My boys had 2 guinea pigs and now we no longer keep any. Pets become like family members and we miss them when they die and leave us. Thank you for your visit and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so difficult to lose a pet. I have had cats most of my life and in my 58 years I have lost several so I know the pain. Your photos are gorgeous and depict the beauty of this beloved pet. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for dropping in on my blog. I hope you found something of interest and I would love to read your comments.
Caz xx