Telling today's story: a few photos and words.
- old fork, belonged to my dad, I do love the handle and love using this in the garden
- new lush growth in the hedge at the bottom of the garden, mainly comprising holly and hawthorn. I have a yearly battle with this hedge, each year it makes a break for freedom and sends lots of prickly invading branches out into my garden and I and my secateurs make battle!
- old nest, abandoned just a few weeks ago by a family of blue tits. I love watching the parents darting in and out of the box with food. I daren't spend too long in the garden near the box when the parents are so busy for fear of frightening them away.
looks so cosy - and has about as many cobwebs round the ceiling as in my house!
I wonder if they use the same excuse as me,
"too busy caring for the family to bother about cobwebs"!
- new growth from our "conker" trees
- we have three horse chestnut trees grown from conkers, I've always enjoyed coaxing "new" plants from seeds, pips and cuttings
- my old Pip Book, bought many years ago. I was still at secondary school when I bought this - it cost the huge sum of 70p! Sentimentality means I just can't get rid of it!
- old and new: you may wonder what on earth this photo is about - it is my daughters "old" school uniform, discarded inside her bedroom door, removed as soon as she got home today following her final GCSE exam today
- so this is now her "old" uniform and we are already thinking about a "new" school phase - 6th form beckons!! How can that possibly be? We saw daughter's old child minder just yesterday - she had a fantastic time with her!
- new magnifier and light for my cross stitch
- complete with new cross stitch kit. Oh my goodness, this has an obvious festive theme - no pressure then to get it finished before Christmas!!
Wishing you a happy weekend whatever your plans
- and thank you so much for taking the time to read my posts and comment!