Saturday 31 October 2015

Enjoying, 17!

Hello, 

Enjoying, and with disbelief, that daughter celebrated her 17th birthday on Friday!

Daughter has a habit of never being at home for her birthday. 

Her birthday usually falls during the autumn half term and sometimes we have been
 away as a family but last year daughter was away on a school trip so we didn't 
see her at all on her 16th birthday. 
This year she was at a two-day football tournament in Cambridge. We eventually 
caught up with her late afternoon on her birthday.  
Next year she has vowed that she will spend all her 18th birthday with us, and 
has already requested that brothers must be present too.  



Enjoying Cambridge in all its autumnal glory. 

We used to live here...I miss it. 


Enjoying two football matches, daughter in action .... playing central 
defence for a change and outrunning the forward!


Enjoying mid air antics to clear the ball - number 6!


Enjoying her cake belatedly. I had promised to bake her favourite birthday cake but 
being away for two days scuppered these plans. 



Enjoying the reflections on my new candle holder.  


Enjoying more of those autumn views and late sun from the bedroom 
windows as I vacuumed and dusted.







Enjoying all those nostalgic moments invoked by dusting my dressing table - 
daughter has brought back these tins for me from her school trips, she knows my taste!


Enjoying the possibilities these little goodies promise - bought from 
John Lewis in Cambridge. Definitely a rosy, Christmas theme going on! 


Enjoy your weekend.
xXx

11 comments:

  1. Yum to the close up chocolate cake shot. I hope your daughter had a lovely day. Cambridge is glorious isn't it, glad you had a good time there. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your daughter, looks like she had a lovely day. You picked up some lovely goodies, cute little buttons xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to your daughter, I've got a 17 year old daughter too and an older son who's away at university. I've had a lovely read through your blog right from the very beginning, loving all the cross stitch you do, it's a hobby I've recently embarked on and I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, seventeen...I hope she had a great day. I've never been to Cambridge and I'm thinking I really should rectify that, it looks so beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice post and a very happy belated birthday to your DD.
    We just re-celebrate our DD's 22nd birthday and now she's off again teaching in the south of Britain.
    Love the tin boxes as well ;)
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your daughter. Cambridge looks lovely - I've never been.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday wishes to your daughter.She deserved a big slice of cake after all that footie!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your daughter had a lovely birthday. I've not been to Cambridge itself have visited a number of places in Cambridgeshire. Will have to add to the must go places for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated happy birthday to your daughter. I'm glad you were able to join her on the day. Hope she had a great time and her team won. Love those football action shots. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter. I've never been to Cambridge, always wanted to go.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love Cambridge too. Cricket or business usually takes us there. It's Oxford I miss though, having lived there for a while. My daughter is about to turn 18 and never misses an opportunity to complain that her birthday is too close to Christmas (5 days). I love your JL goodies, nothing like a few crafty bits to bring on the Christmas mood!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for dropping in on my blog. I hope you found something of interest and I would love to read your comments.
Caz xx