Friday 15 July 2016

Five on Friday.....treats!!

Hello

We've all seen these blog posts before - a parcel of yarny-goodness arrives which sends 
the  recipient into raptures! I'm happy to admit that I am one of those people, a ball
of yarn makes me very happy!

So, this is a bit of a warning, if you are not into yarn-filled parcels you may wish to 
finish reading now

So....this week I attended a 2-day course in Oxford, and I returned home on Wednesday 
evening to two parcels, yes two parcels. The first was a bit of an extravagant buy. I had 
seen the making bookzine on blogger and instagram posts and thought it looked great
but sadly I couldn't find anywhere in the UK with copies still in stock so I decided to 
buy a copy from the US. It arrived very promptly and beautifully packaged and it 
hasn't disappointed. It's one of those bookzines I can just browse numerous times, 
without even making anything from it! 


Making has some beautiful knitted, cross stitch, needle felting, sewing projects and even
 more...with, as you might expect, some beautiful photography. 
Two of my favourite projects are this cowl


and this cardigan and hat. 



I'll have to make sure that I am a bit quicker off the mark with hitting the 'buy'
 button when making no. 2 is published!

My second parcel was from Meadow Yarn. I have been eyeing this book Toasty volume 2 
by Rachel Coopey for some time offering a selection of gorgeous and fun patterns for hats, 
and the odd scarf and pair of mittens. 



I also bought 2 more skeins of Baa Ram Ewe's Titus yarn - this time shades Aire and Filey. 



And ooo, how lovely my new shades look with my Titus remnants, lots of ideas in my head. 
And looks my holiday knitting might almost be sorted.... but on the other hand there are 
some lovely new Titus shades just launched!

I'm joining in with Amy's Five on Friday - thank you for hosting Amy!

Are you expecting any parcels? It is fun to receive them isn't it? 
Have a good weekend. 
xXx

23 comments:

  1. There is nothing nicer than a parcel full of yarny goodness. What a delight your two parcels were, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - dare I say another small one arrived this week!

      Delete
    2. Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and i have tried have him back but i could not, so i try to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your Ex back and there i saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tie down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and i contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also reunite your lovers feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and some other things. I can assure he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

      Delete
  2. Oh, yummy yarny goodness and lovely parcels and just all round fabulous!!! I love yarn parcels!! Your new yarns are beautiful aren't they, enjoy them!!! Thank you for joining Five On Friday, I hope you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love happy post and fancy getting two in one week. Now, I am not expecting any parcels at all but this makes me want to get on the Internet and do some ordering ha! I love the colours of your yarn, so pretty! Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how exciting it is to receive a parcel even when I know what is in it!

      Delete
  4. Lovely parcels indeed. Packages with yarn and books in them are wonderful things aren't they. The potential of all that scrumptious new wool, it's a good feeling. Haven't had one in a while, you have made me think I should do a little browsing... CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to just browse the books and dream of all the projects I can make with the scrumptious yarn.....

      Delete
  5. Both those books look intriguing. Always looking for new inspiration. Love the cowl pattern. I have nearly finished my socks and ready for a new project. I will be back to see how you are getting on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will post once I have inished a project - hoping to get some done on holiday!!

      Delete
  6. 'Making' looks wonderful - looking forward to seeing what you make! The yarn looks so pretty :) Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the yarn Helen, so soft and gorgeous colours

      Delete
  7. How could you possibly resist those wonderful books and yarns.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get it! I get exciting when a new collection of pretty papers or stamps is released ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you get it Alexandra - hope you have a parcel arriving soon!

      Delete
  9. I'm another who goes into raptures over a ball of yarn. Good for you!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family just laugh at me Amalia - so much pleasure from a lump of yarn!

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous cardi, I like the length of it. Fab selection of colours in your yarn stash, which one will make it into being the new hat?
    Lots of parcels arrived this week as it was my birthday!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh that yarn looks seriously squishy, Caz. And the cowl is gorgeous too. You'll have a job deciding what to make first! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love receiving parcels, thank you for sharing yours. I am glad you liked Making - I always wonder if these Bookzines are worth the money so it was nice to hear such good reviews. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love receiving parcels in the post, especially something inspirational, like yarn, or fabric. Your yarns are gorgeous colours, enjoy using them! X

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for dropping in on my blog. I hope you found something of interest and I would love to read your comments.
Caz xx