Friday 21 March 2014

One down, one to go

Hello dear reader,

Yes, I have at last finished one of my blue stripey socks. I have been having a bit of a break from my longer term project, the crocheted stripey blanket that you can see here. In the photo below I have just started the shaping for the toes.


I enjoy knitting socks and this is now my third pair {correction: 4th pair, I forgot about the first pair that I knitted that my daughter promptly decided to commandeer as her own!}. My sock knitting is my 'portable project' - a very handy project to have.

When it comes to sock knitting I always use Regia 4 ply wool as I find it quite hard wearing. This current pair were knitted using wool from Regia's Erika Knight range, this blue is called 'Kind of blue' shade 06454, but I do like the look of the colours designed by Kaffe Fassett.

I am so tempted by some of the lovely socks I see other knitters have made using other yarns but I am going to be very disciplined and not buy any more sock wool until I have knitted up the sock wool I have in my stash....and here it is.
 
And here I have a confession to make. Yes, I am one of those crafters/knitters/crocheters who has a far from healthy stash of wool, patterns, materials and most importantly ideas waiting to be made into completed projects. My confession is now public!
So I have reached the point with this pair of socks of  'one down, one to go'. I know some people talk of the 'second sock syndrome': they can't face having to knit a second sock after finishing the first but thankfully this has never been a problem for me.

So I knit my socks cuff down. I'd like to try toe-up but I am so familiar now with the cuff-down technique that I feel trying to master the toe-up method will take more time to master than I have available at the moment.

Do you like knitting socks? Do you knit toe-up? What is your favourite sock wool?

Have a good weekend!
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for dropping in on my blog. I hope you found something of interest and I would love to read your comments.
Caz xx