Saturday 15 February 2014

Suitcases and tins

Hello,

I recently visited Sheffield with my daughter. We don't live that far from Sheffield but I have to admit, it is a city I haven't visited before. Now, my daughter is becoming increasingly interested in art and as we had enjoyed our recent visits to local art galleries I searched the internet for art galleries a little further afield and Graves Gallery in Sheffield looked ideal for our next dose of culture.

Graves Gallery felt almost forgotten - it was unobtrusively situated above the Central Library - we climbed flights of stairs - how many visitors do they have we wondered? But the climb was worth it, we did enjoy our visit; 'Abstraction and Art now' was particularly impressive and included art by Damien Hirst.

Following the Graves Gallery we visited the Millennium Gallery, a short walk away. This offered a modern, open place for something to eat and rest our feet but there was also a small retail area and look what we saw:


the cutest little set of suitcases and......


the cutest set of matching tins!!

Now I am not an impulse buyer so my daughter and I "oohh-ed" and "aahh-ed" over the cases and tins, and then wandered off to explore the rest of Sheffield city centre. While we wandered the streets of Sheffield we further discussed those tempting treats.

Shall we or shan't we?

Look at the stylish label for the suitcases.

Conveniently we had to walk back past those goodies on our way to the station. And guess what? Yes, you got it right, we bought them!!

So far only one suitcase has been used for storage and that, the middle suitcase )measuring 20 cm x 14 cm x 7.5 cm) which is holding my ribbons, as shown here.

I'll leave you with a close up of the largest tin (measuring 13.5 cm x 6.5 cm).


xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for dropping in on my blog. I hope you found something of interest and I would love to read your comments.
Caz xx